Search the forum,

Discuss headache with bath waste fittings.....with photo's as always. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k13wjd

hi guys, quick one i hope.

im ready to fit my new bath, but have a issue regarding the waste pipe. the old one goes into the soil stack just infront of the bath, with what looks like pushfit connectors......this is better shown with photo's/
as it used to be
SANY1168.JPG

with a 90 removed
SANY1167.JPG

with the 90 fitted to the old pipe+trap
SANY1169.JPG

Now, you'll see here that the end of the 90 seems to just push into a recess, about 6mm deep. i can only presume that this is either bodged, or is solvent weld ?

SANY1170.JPG

SANY1171.JPG

SANY1172.JPG

its clearly not 40mm fititngs, as fresh 40mm comp pipe is loose in the fitting.
SANY1174.JPG

so then, how do i overcome this little problem ??? any suggestions welcome guys !

In the first picture shown cut at the middle piece of pipe at the top and renew from there 1&1/2" compression fitting should fit onto that pipe. Try that first.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the first picture, the middle is a peice of pipe between the 2 90's, so i don't need to cut it. your suggesting i leave that peice of pipe in, and attach a 90 degree comp fitting.

how do i then attach that to a 40mm waste pipe for my 'p' trap ??? 1 1/2 inch to 40mm straight connector ?

that little socket+pipe, i presume that must have been solvent welded at some point - re-doing that joint would just leave a requirement for a 1 1/2 inch to 40mm connector.....but i have to wonder if i'd be taking it back out in a weeks time to change it......

Right then chaps, problem solved

easy one really, 1x mcalpine MP4, multifit 90 bend. easy from 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 to 40mm.
SANY1175.JPG

SANY1178.JPG

erm, OK>

after downloading from my camera, and re-sizing, i upload them to a server i use to host a few websites. This give the image a URL ( like http://www.webpage.co.uk/folder/folder/image.JPG)

then, using the insert image button ( because im lazy ) i just copy and paste the URL in.

if you don't have a server, you can use photo bucket or the like. lots of free websites will host your photo's for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to headache with bath waste fittings.....with photo's as always. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock