Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Lee_Howard
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hawk beaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee_Howard

Hi I'm a newbie on here. Has anybody used 'Hawk beaks'? I bought a set from a one armed man. He created these marvellous tools due to his disability. They are no bigger than a spanner and act like grips. And my god they grip!!!

Please definitely give them a try if you come across a set!

You wouldn't happen to be selling these by any chance? Your post sounds very much like an advert....

Hawk beaks: Grips like a footie, is less adjustable and handle won't easily file down to act as screwdriver. Don't think they'll be in my toolbox anytime soon.

Absolutely not! Just wanted to share a bit of knowledge with the forum.

I've got a small pair in my tool box. God knows how old they are, I pinched them off my old man :) never really use them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hawk beaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi All Newbie so please bear with. We are selling our old house - built 1880. The purchaser has shared their survey report which states that the pipe work in the loft is of DIY standard. This was done before we bought house 10 years ago, and everything works fine but obviously I have to try and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking to replace taps on a cast iron bath, accessing them is near impossible (i even had to remove toilet). The taps are old lifter type with brass 3/4" nuts that seem welded on! The basin is much the same tbh. I have a tap remover set like this and after 10 mins of finally getting it...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It had a welded fabricated boiler. I've seen such heat exchangers leak within 7 years from new. No wonder the Potterton heating production manager said...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock