Discuss Having problems getting heating engineers to reply to requests for business. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now contacted 3 different gas engineers by either email or web form asking for a quote for a job at my daughter's house in East Bowling, Bradford. On all 3 occasions I have had no reply from the business I contacted. In fairness, I have had the same (lack of) response for requests for plumbers and roofers. I don't really want to go down the 'trusted trader' type of route as I don't particularly like paying a 3rd party for merely passing on leads and taking a cut.

So I'm posting my request here in the hope of maybe getting a reply. What I want is a price for a routine service to a combi boiler around 7 years old. I also want the engineer to check the system as she was told by an installer of wall insulation that there was a drop in pressure of 3 millibar.

Finally, there is a loss of water pressure over time that initially resulted in the 2 radiators on the second floor filling with air. I replaced the bleed valves with self bleeding valves but now she has to increase the pressure manually every so often with the taps inside the boiler. Somebody looked at this last year and did something that reduced the problem a little but didn't fix it.

What boiler is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Peter , I am not exactly miles away . However I am very picky ( sorry lol ) on what boilers I work on , what is the manufacturer ? . Also I have absolutely no idea what a insulation installer would know about millibar and how to test for a drop , its a mystery that .

Picky! I heard you would go anywhere for Hobnob biscuits. :D

Lol , its true mate , theres a breed of boiler that leaks when it hears my van draw up on the drive , before the doors been opened.

Hi Peter , I am not exactly miles away . However I am very picky ( sorry lol ) on what boilers I work on , what is the manufacturer ? . Also I have absolutely no idea what a insulation installer would know about millibar and how to test for a drop , its a mystery that .
He shouldn't be anywhere near the gas meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Having problems getting heating engineers to reply to requests for business. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back