Search the forum,

Discuss Have you heard about .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Boxt???

Aparently is the next thing in our industry . Boiler ordered and fitted within 24 hrs .

Yesterday mate. They have an advert going. There is a thread on hear somewhere about them. Not a fan personally. I heard that they do not even attend to measure up the job.

Yesterday mate. They have an advert going. There is a thread on hear somewhere about them. Not a fan personally. I heard that they do not even attend to measure up the job.

They ask customers to take pics and send them in

Sub prices arnt bad but not good either

Worcester owns 50% and they get the boilers for next to nothing apparently.

Another way of pushing out the independent installer ! we are a dieing breed, when they have got rid of us it will be a closed shop, no more small guy ! Then watch the prices go up, safety will suffer , it will force people into more DIY repairs & installs

Yes, and, as I posted on the other thread, my reading of the T's and C's is that BOXT makes assumptions about your installation and then, although they have given you a price, they change the price when they actually see the job, and if you don't want to go ahead, you get charged for the callout and for handling and ordering materials. They don't do a site visit before pricing as their website implies that the point of site visits is to give the hard sell with glossy brochures.

I tried the BOXT form for a price for my own house. Now, I already know that replacing my boiler would involve:

relocating boiler to the front wall near the meter and running new flows and returns across the lounge ceiling to the 3 port valve above this room (boiler is currently at back of the house), and a short section of new gas pipe up the wall from the meter to the boiler, plus a condensate soakaway in this location (no drainage at the front of the house)

OR

30' of new gas run to kitchen, as existing is 15mm copper; the existing boiler is mounted on a wall with textured finish (Artex) that has tested positive for asbestos.

Current gas run is under underfloor heated insulated pine floor, and floorboards are on show so would have to be lifted with respect.

So I know fairly well that a new boiler in my house will not be straightforward - but the BOXT scheme does not even give me a comments box to make the above observations. It relies on questions taking - literally - only two minutes of my time.

Relevant clause of the BOXT terms:

If, upon physical inspection of the site, it is determined that more equipment or a significant amount of extra work is required, then the Company will inform the customer of any increase in costs prior to these costs being incurred. The customer will also be informed of any delay to installation that may be incurred. If the customer declines any extra equipment or work required to facilitate the installation work they ordered, then the Company will be entitled to charge all reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the aborted installation including that of any materials already supplied.

I am not 100% but pretty sure Boxt is Help link , all they fitted were Worcester Tosh

Yes it is help link.

Done a online survey for my own home.
cost 2500 for straight swap.

Down here prob cost 1800 for my house

What is a help link? That it acts as a middleman between customers and installers (while eliminating the middleman)?

I'll give you £1850 and I'm a cash buyer. I have it on good authority jts needs a mortgage, not that you heard it from me.

"If, upon physical inspection of the site, it is determined that more equipment or a significant amount of extra work is required, then the Company will inform the customer of any increase in costs prior to these costs being incurred. The customer will also be informed of any delay to installation that may be incurred. If the customer declines any extra equipment or work required to facilitate the installation work they ordered, then the Company will be entitled to charge all reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the aborted installation including that of any materials already supplied."

Ah, the old 'cheque made out to cash' clause. Nice work if you can get it.

I'll give you £1850 and I'm a cash buyer. I have it on good authority jts needs a mortgage, not that you heard it from me.

"If, upon physical inspection of the site, it is determined that more equipment or a significant amount of extra work is required, then the Company will inform the customer of any increase in costs prior to these costs being incurred. The customer will also be informed of any delay to installation that may be incurred. If the customer declines any extra equipment or work required to facilitate the installation work they ordered, then the Company will be entitled to charge all reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the aborted installation including that of any materials already supplied."

Ah, the old 'cheque made out to cash' clause. Nice work if you can get it.
Sorry cant go above £1800. + its not worth any more, I know where he lives, way over priced , but thought I would offer his asking price as he is a member of UK plumbers, :p.

Gardens about inch square on Google map .
Well, that puts the book "How to Grow More Vegetables Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Could Possibly Imagine" into perspective. As the smallest piece of land I could imagine was about 10 square inches.

Well, that puts the book "How to Grow More Vegetables Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Could Possibly Imagine" into perspective. As the smallest piece of land I could imagine was about 10 square inches.
Not heard about Jack and his beanstalk then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have you heard about .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock