Search the forum,

Discuss Have a made a mistake? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
Hello all,

Just drained down my traditional vented system (with header tank) and changed a couple of rads plus took another off the wall to refix it (plasterboard walls :( ). At the same time I fitted a new grundfos pump and a sentinel filter. So the pump was an easy straight swop keeping the direction of flow the same pointing towards the floor (i.e. Down). The filter is added new and its flow direction is up (towards the ceiling)

From the pictures is this correct? Not all the roads are getting hot, I've bled the system lots and it was all working fine before I started everything.

prob air lock on a couple of rads do you have drain off lockshields on each rad?

also technically speaking the filter is in the wrong position

should be below / after the return for the cylinder

prob air lock on a couple of rads do you have drain off lockshields on each rad?

also technically speaking the filter is in the wrong position

should be below / after the return for the cylinder

Nope only one drain off on the big rad in the hall way (where I drained the whole system from). I kinda know the position is probably not the best, but wanted easy access rather than balancing on steps or crawling in a cupboard etc. The pump is a bit bubbly/crackly when on so possibly more air? Will it cause flow issues if the filter is in the wrong place/wrong flow direction? Thanks

yes sounds like trapped air and no your filter wont cause any of these problems

try turning all the rads off on there trvs and open one of the bad ones and air into a painters pot / any container

once that one becomes hot move onto the next bad one etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have a made a mistake? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock