Search the forum,

Discuss Has wrong pan connector been used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all. Some advice would be very much appreciated.
I have a new build extension and have had a close coupled toilet fitted with the soil pipe exiting through the wall at 90' to the left of the pan. The cistern sits at an angle about 20mm away from the wall on the left and 10mm on the right so the whole toilet is at an angle.
Looking at the label the connector used is a Flopast SP161 92.5, it is jammed hard against the wall at the back so the cistern will not go back any further against the wall. Wrong connector?
Many thanks

Any pics ??

What you’ve posted is a soil pipe bend

Thanks for the replies, pics posted. Looks like the bend is too fat as it is against the toilet and the wall??

095.JPG

099.JPG

If that black elbow is attached to the pan then yes it’s wrong

Yes, it would appear to have a cuff which attaches to the pan.. Can't see behind though. What would the correct one be please, only others I have seen are swan neck?

There are all sorts of connectors take a look at mcalpine. A WC-CON8E might sort you out

Last edited:
There are all sorts of connectors take a look at mcalpine. A WC-CON8E might sort you out

Don't think that would work

Come across these sort of pans before there connector is further in than normal

Normally use a bent and a straight with some pipe

You may be right mate. I just wasn’t sure based on the angle of the soil pipe

You may be right mate. I just wasn’t sure based on the angle of the soil pipe

Looks like they've allowed for a stnd toilet

is it just me or do i see loads of people with bodged in close coupled toilets, I've seen them stood off the wall further than that by a long way, always looks horrendous.

If you are near Screwfix then these should sort you out - 2866p, 98788 & 95284 or similar.
Looks like a builder put it in i expect.
If you are really in the sh*t then as a last resort a flexible pan connector may bail you out,
Cheers,
Andy

Thanks for all the replies, it is appreciated. The fall on the soil pipe is ok. Work was done by a professional plumber employed by the builder who was running the small extension job. The build is complete and has been paid for. Everything else is ok but noticed this when I came to do some decorating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has wrong pan connector been used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock