1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Hand wash basin in a chip shop? in the Water Regulations area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Hello chaps,
    I've got a job to fit a hand wash basin in a chippy near me. Just wondering if anyone knows the regs, or HSE rules about these?
    They want it a few inches from the main sink in a food prep area, there is one in the next room that they use and they have told me they won't ever use the new one, but the woman from the environmental health just wants to be able to tick the box that says the room has a hand wash basin...

2. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

not sure about the regs, but normally a tiny cloaks basin with lever tap should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dotty

Dotty Guest

• Like Like x 1
  5. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Cheers guys. They already have the basin, identical to the one Chalked posted.
    My question is about height and location. They actually want it about 5 feet off the floor as that's the easiest place for it to go, the owner is only about 4 '6" :)
    There is one place it could go, it would be an inch or two away from the food prep sink and at a normal height, any ideas if that's acceptable?

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Can't find any regs regarding height and position.all that I can find is this.
    image.jpg

Probably free to put it where you like, as long as it's marked up for hand wash only.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

That's perfect, thanks matey ;)

8. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

One thing that often catches people out is the Water Regs requirement that every basin must be fitted with a plug or have the water flow restricted to not more than0.06 Litres /s.