Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead Eden 18 CBC flame fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening All

Looking for a couple of suggestions to a problem with my boiler. An intermittent fault developed about 2 months ago where the 'Flame Failure' error shut the boiler down every couple of weeks. A quick hop in to the loft to reset fixed it every time except now.

The boiler isn't igniting and when I took the igniter off and started it I could hear it clicking away so I'm guessing no fault there. I can't see any spark through the sight glass where I'm guessing I should be looking at a nice flame if it worked. Gas supply is good to the property as I checked it on the downstairs cooker.

I'm just wanting a couple of opinions before I take the next step as I know this boiler isn't very well thought of. I'd rather get a new one than waste money trying to find a fix on this if it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

Any thought appreciated

Cheers

Andrew

Are you gas safe Andrew ?

Sorry to say then you shouldn't of taken the cover off and removed things from the combustion seal

Best option is to get a local gas safe engy in

Sorry to say we cannot give advice on repairing gas appliances as it could be life threatening for any unqualified person to touch any internal parts your best course of action is contact a GSRI to diagnose the fault. Regards kop

Hi Andrew, you have done enough to this boiler and it is illegal for you to do anything to it. If there is no spark when looking through the site glass there are several reasons for this and you need to call in a GSR engineer to have a look at it for you. Please do not investigate further for your own safety. It could be a simple inexpensive repair, or it could be expensive. It may be just that it needs a service. A good GSR will diagnose the fault for the price of a call out and advise you if it would be cost effective to repair or replace. Good luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Eden 18 CBC flame fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock