Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 592K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this. Garden hose for a PRV pipe off a combi boiler. Jesus wept.

image.jpg

Why bother moving the copper radiator pipes to the proper place nice and neat?
Just get a builder to do your bathroom and leave the existing copper pipes and do this, -
image.jpg

Yes. Rest of job (plastic wall paneling etc) looks okay. Surely a little effort would have moved the microbore pipes below the floor and brought up copper 15mm neatly and directly to towel rail. I didn't need to ask who recently did the bathroom. Had to be a builder.

Hahaha that's a cracker :)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Pressure reducing valve has been fitted on lower floor. Going to be fun servicing it. :smile: Relief valve obviously wrong place also. Whoever did this work definitely is capable of doing copper pipes and soldering neat, but I can't understand why they have the heating pipes to coil just straight out from connections taking a lot of space up.

Last edited:
View attachment 26605View attachment 26604

Pressure reducing valve has been fitted on lower floor. Going to be fun servicing it. :smile: Relief valve obviously wrong place also. Whoever did this work definitely is capable of doing copper pipes and soldering neat, but I can't understand why they have the heating pipes to coil just straight out from connections taking a lot of space up.
wheres the expansion vessel?

Think that's a megaflo so it's got the internal one

Yes, it is indeed a Megaflow, so as you say, it has an internal air gap.
Workmanship not really deserving of Hall of Shame, but pity the plumbers couldn't have done it better and to proper unvented rules. The combination valve shouldn't be elsewhere and the separate pressure relief valve and its d1 needed above and dropping into tundish

sorry for bad light the sun was out :D

image2.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image5.jpg

:D

mastic every where holding the flue onto the unit and holding the bricks inplace

Last edited:
Thoughts

image.jpgimage.jpg

Thoughts

image.jpg

Ffs wrong way

Last edited:
Can you not get inside to see where they put the boiler,

I was sent this photo.
I hope the air vent is on the right hand side.
image.jpg

Always try to use short pieces of chromed pipe from chrome towel rails valves to keep the finish professional
image.jpg

I bet those bends were off of the original system, have to admit the bloke must have known what he was doing (if it works) because I get travel sick just trying to trace it!

IMG_20160709_103146.jpg
Before you ask, no I didn't. That was the colour of the water coming out of the tap!

Builder-Got any 4" fittings on the van?
Plumber - got a few odd and sods.
Builder-couldn't let us have some?
Plumber thinks - thought I'd never get rid of those old bits.
Builder- Doesn't look to bad does it?

Also, -
Builder, - "Sure the home owner will be painting it anyhow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
I recently posted a thread about an extractor fan for a downstairs toilet and received lots of help so many thanks to all who helped. In the same property in the upstairs bathroom is another non functioning fan. It is a Vectaire A 10/4 AT: the one with the built in shutters. 1. Why are the...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10 months or so we've noticed the pipes under the floor, particularly in the bathroom, which are under the concrete floor and tiles, have become incredibly...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock