Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 592K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue installers / service providers and cowboys qualified or otherwise are the problem not materials and techniques. We need a standards and regs policing body with real powers to condemn instalations over defects of all kinds and hold those responsible to account.

Last edited:
Another quick install :hand:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 216
I'm glad this horror is a ' hide away ' cistern. :thinking:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 213
Rogue installers / service providers and cowboys qualified or otherwise are the problem not materials and techniques. We need a standards and regs policing body with real powers to condemn instalations over defects of all kinds and hold those responsible to account.

Sol,

I think everyone will agree with your sentiments, alas its never going to happen

thats never going to happen the gas side is regulated to within an inch of its life and the most popular page in the gas installer mag is the bad installs page
all regulation does is cost the good guys more and give the cowboys even more profit

thats never going to happen the gas side is regulated to within an inch of its life and the most popular page in the gas installer mag is the bad installs page
all regulation does is cost the good guys more and give the cowboys even more profit

topman Steve I will bet you are right, a very enlightening slant to GSR Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

As true as it is there'd still be cowboys avoiding the system and we'd all end up having to pay for an inspection putting our prices up for the privilege just because we do the job right

I agree no further regulation for gas or any other plumbing is required. Just need to police it. My comments were as a reply to the post showing an abysmal unvented instalation aparently completed by a gsr still trading in the area. How is this allowed to continue. What are the regs good for if they cant even keep registered guys to maintain the standard or allow guys who cant work to the required standard to be registered in the first place.

0e1930f943a9ded89d14b0bdd547d79b.jpg

1d1dc4781635833bafb6a96502d926fd.jpg

Speaking of regulations and cowboys. A self certified install that had a completly unclipped flue with sections that werent even screwed together. There was two sections of flue that were lying in the loft that had obviously been cut too short and had to be discarded. The boiler was in a bedroom. The return iso had been left almost fully closed so it had leaked and scaled up and the pump was burned out.

The prv was left open out the bottom of the boiler. Probably because the boiler is in the middle of the house and they couldnt be bothered to run any pipe.

7acdee0765bb52efdacfb9b769b87b72.jpg

Was only put in in 2010.

Looked up the company that signed it off to get them to remedy and theyre not gas safe registered anymore and the limited company is getting liquidated as far as i can tell.

So will the customer get any recompense. Even if they are gas safe then all they have to do is rectify their mistakes and tgey get left alone. Surely they should have a fine or some other disincentive from shoddy and/or dangerous work. Otherwise they can go round doing good knows what and only having to rectify it when they get caught.

Customer, is rightly, pretty disillusioned with the system. He doesnt seem to be protected at all and will just have to pay out to remedy himself i imagine . He bought the house 3 years ago with the install in already .

f00894ab21d9b652f175530a6a666134.jpg

Hob on flexi as ever. The run to this point was clipped about 3 metres away and then had been plastered into the corner of the room
628b051064fa2d228a63353b577413f6.jpg

I dug it out to verify the it was soldered not compression, clipped the pipe and fitted a fixed connection with iso into the tiny space behind the oven.

Had another last week where the gas was run in 15mm almost straight from the boiler for an equivalent of about 20 metres as it went along the floor and then up the wall and over and down. Baxi solo 3 60pfl. Was 11 mbar at gas valve, 13 with adjustment. Had been given a safety certificate in january when vendor bought the place..... Reran straight in 22.
87ae17e717cd8a4c0301908144c3bbaa.jpg

Found this beauty today. Services boiler, oh prv not connected..... Oh flue turret not fixed properly..... Go outside and she says the window fitter did that and said it was ok? Just needed a service?

687d15178fbcd484add76c2904bd7915.jpg
2de283a68442a150c661e902aa1399a7.jpg

97c04cf313857e39646d08f5252cdab4.jpg
9d7f7dae00a090df2a0188a9286c889e.jpg

Oh and two of mutleys "do they need a trim" specials

9b710a2db57ba3d0974d0f280cf4ed4f.jpg

Found this beauty today. Services boiler, oh prv not connected..... Oh flue turret not fixed properly..... Go outside and she says the window fitter did that and said it was ok? Just needed a service?

687d15178fbcd484add76c2904bd7915.jpg
2de283a68442a150c661e902aa1399a7.jpg

97c04cf313857e39646d08f5252cdab4.jpg
9d7f7dae00a090df2a0188a9286c889e.jpg

Oh and two of mutleys "do they need a trim" specials

9b710a2db57ba3d0974d0f280cf4ed4f.jpg

Few peachers there ermi, the bottom one with the 2 flues thats just priceless

It is currently in use and BG are happy with it

I say its in use, it is now me and a friend found the dodgy connection to the bedroom socket that was stopping it from firing successfully :thinking:

That's practically perfect no flexi in sight
Bent with a spring ooh baby

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, last one then i'll let someone else get a word in

I have posted this on another thread so you may have seen it before

I'm only diy so it doesn't get the abuse you guys would give it but it's been used for fitting outside taps, 20mm holes through walls for cables etc

I won't tell you about using it as a wrench when it wouldn't drive 2 concrete screws all the way home - dammit

Was that boiler in your house then?

yes - emergency move into a bit of a run down place but get cheap rent as I will put up with and fix issues to make it safe(r)

that boiler is still in my place - I know not to tackle something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
I recently posted a thread about an extractor fan for a downstairs toilet and received lots of help so many thanks to all who helped. In the same property in the upstairs bathroom is another non functioning fan. It is a Vectaire A 10/4 AT: the one with the built in shutters. 1. Why are the...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10 months or so we've noticed the pipes under the floor, particularly in the bathroom, which are under the concrete floor and tiles, have become incredibly...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock