Search the forum,

Discuss Half sink waste challenge - IDEAS PLEASE???! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CC81

Hello, hope someone can help.

Just got a new sink, with an incorporated half sink. Need to connect the half sink waste to the existing setup (main sink waste 40mm with double nozzle adaptor for washing machine and dishwaster waste). ***SEE IMAGE BELOW***

A T-junction seems the best answer, but where could it fit, without pushing the u-bend too far down to reach the exit? And connections are also a problem... mostly screw-on (u-bend and nozzle adaptor) - but available Ts seem to be push fit OR compression. Not screw-on.

Thought about maybe putting the nozzle adaptor on the half sink, then using a flexible waste pipe to a T-junction, that connects the main sink to the u-bend. But that's where the issue with connections arises.

Any advice will be much appreciated... :)

Waste plumbing.JPG

Fit a 1 1/2" trap to the half sink and tee it into the black waste pipe that goes out of the wall.

Put your T in the black waste, then use an adjustable trap with short pieces of waste pipe and 1 elbow.d

Stick another trap on the half sink, then Tee in the pipe to outside.
Probably elbow off the trap and 45 straight after then down to Tee.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpi...6GS3ItCGABIHMKL6qGdk8ShiG0zAUIFsixhoC4HHw_wcB

It is clipped though, more than you see with copper.

when you re do it try and get the washing machine and dishwasher waste pipes coming in higher up, so that they flow down to the trap.

[*response deleted* - replied in the wrong place]

Last edited by a moderator:
Loks like it was installed by a push fit rep

Haha, it was me! Had spare fittings to use from a previous project - and wanted everything neat and isolated separately (tap, outside tap, washing machine, dishwasher). It's all soldered copper below cupboard level, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Half sink waste challenge - IDEAS PLEASE???! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hey guys! I'm no DIY'er but have managed to replace our kitchen sink with a bigger one from ikea. I've done everything I can and now have the main grey ikea pipe into the pipe that leaves the property. The problem is that the connection between the grey ikea pipe and white...connector part leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock