Search the forum,

Discuss Gsr entry details sent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitenbulsara

Gas Engineer
So just a little while longer then I'll be legal again on the gsr forum!.....ohhh boy!..
Three years in the making from being a manager to a brand new career and a happier life!....

You hope :)

a happier life!....

Hahahahaha! Hahahahaha! Nice one! <wipes eyes, picks himself up off the floor>...

Oh, sorry, you were being serious? Congratulations. Welcome to the world of dealing with muppets, being expected to work for peanuts, doing all your training and paying for registration only to be undercut by illegals, being called a rip-off if you pull up installation faults, being called a cowboy if you don't, chasing payments, long days, sleepless nights...

It's great being a self-employed gas man...

Don't listen to them!! Welcome to the grand a week club!!:clap:

I may have not been about long but it's all good!!....I have been in the customer service industry for many years and also a customer of many plumbers which we have used in the family and there is business out there and many good customers who appreciate what gsr engineers go through and that's where I'll be heading towards!..
I have been doing some analysis on what makes a customer happy and it boils down to a few things
Communication-turn up when you say you will-give them a few minutes and advise for the future-don't let ya standards drop in aid to get th job done-be honest even tho they would Ave paid jo blogs fifty quid more-stand by what you believe is right.
Look to the future and not the money as you leave the door as repeat business is always a better way to happily earn money and finally if you don't feel comfortable about a customer and have a gut feeling act on it

Have fun cos as long as you r safe n not stupid you will be fine!!...
Good evening and good night

I think 90% of customers now want it cheap, want it shiney and want it done yesterday.

There is no such thing as cheap this day and age!!...there is something called a bodge and not to standard tho!!....
I wondered why some trades charges were a little on the high side but did not understand the overheads n also a days wage is only if you work for the day n not just one/two quick jobs plus all the little bits which all mount up eg registration-calibration-maintanence-uniform-accounts-van costs-tool breakdowns-gs charges-re do ya ccn1-unvented g3-o2 Co sensors for analyser-admin paperwork etc etc

There is no such thing as cheap this day and age!!...there is something called a bodge and not to standard tho!!....
I wondered why some trades charges were a little on the high side but did not understand the overheads n also a days wage is only if you work for the day n not just one/two quick jobs plus all the little bits which all mount up eg registration-calibration-maintanence-uniform-accounts-van costs-tool breakdowns-gs charges-re do ya ccn1-unvented g3-o2 Co sensors for analyser-admin paperwork etc etc

That's just the tip of the ice burg sorry to say

Well just to test the water I called a couple of numbers from the yellow pages to quote for a leak in the overflow in loft n I was told
1.between 135 and 195 pending what part it was
2.67.50 plus vat for half hour
3.90 plus vat plus parts
This is just plumbers charge n not touch heating which is quoted at a different price .
This about right cos it sounds our too me.

Well just to test the water I called a couple of numbers from the yellow pages to quote for a leak in the overflow in loft n I was told
1.between 135 and 195 pending what part it was
2.67.50 plus vat for half hour
3.90 plus vat plus parts
This is just plumbers charge n not touch heating which is quoted at a different price .
This about right cos it sounds our too me.

But the question is why is the over flow leaking so needs to be charged for as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gsr entry details sent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock