Search the forum,

Discuss GS engineer required to sign off boiler installation in LU7 0HY area please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sprintmancolin

Hi,

Plumber installed our boiler. Later admitted he wasn't GS registered so is unable to register, etc. the installation.

Have since had a GS inspection (at our request) and the boiler has been checked and confirmed as properly installed.

So, we're now looking for a GS registered engineer for the sign off please.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Plumber installed our boiler. Later admitted he wasn't GS registered so is unable to register, etc. the installation.

Have since had a GS inspection (at our request) and the boiler has been checked and confirmed as properly installed.

Many thanks.

If the GSR inspector has said it's safe and properly installed, then why not just bypass the Gas Safe registration and report it to your Local Authority yourself as notifiable work? That's all that the GS notification does, really.

If you are convinced the GS Inspector said everything is as expected, then getting your local building control officer to visit and provide you the necessary paperwork is your best route and cheapest option.

If someone else fitted your boiler, then just for me to attend and check it out will cost you £200. This will go up steeply if any faults are found

what area do you live?

what company/or who's name installed it?

When you say that the gas safe inspector passed it as properly installed, does that mean it's just safe to use or it's safe to use and meets the current building regs/ standards?

When you say that the gas safe inspector passed it as properly installed, does that mean it's just safe to use or it's safe to use and meets the current building regs/ standards?

I will put a fine tooth comb over it, if they are genuine I do feel sorry for them as I have done this before for an elderly couple who had a fitter in,not registered and after they had problems selling their house.I get plenty of trash landlords asking the same,cause their brother in law doe's a bit ,thease get a far more blunt reply,but do need contact number of gsr inspector who examined it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Many thanks.
I hope you didn't pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GS engineer required to sign off boiler installation in LU7 0HY area please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a GS registered installer installs a new boiler that does not meet the standards of the Commissioning Checklist, but signs it off anyway, what is to be...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install. Our old gas combi boiler needed replacing, so we shopped around and got a deal via BOXT. Our understanding is that BOXT then sub-contract to local...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls. So…. Bought an apartment in a conversion rather than new build. Since buying it I’ve been experiencing headaches, sickness and dizziness. At the time I just thought I was coming down with something but then a TV engineer came to install an aerial in the loft and he showed me...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock