Search the forum,

Discuss grundfos alpha 2 setting help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had a new heat only boiler installed. I believe it is a 2 pipe system with 3 port valve for ch and dhw.

The installer couldn't really tell me what setting the pump should be on. I have had it on III since the install but the manual I downloaded suggests pf2.

Can anyone help with what setting the pump should be on?

Open vent or sealed system (red expansion vessel)

?

Sorry. Couldn't log in at work.

I think it's an open vented system. There is no pressure dial on the boiler and it doesn't need topping up. I have a big tank in the loft. Installer was considering going for a system boiler and said this would be a pressured system but in the end didn't.

Last edited:
Would stick it on 3

There should be a little tank in the loft and above it there should be a copper pipe this shouldn't drip if it does turn the pump down one

But the installer should have done all this for you also balancing the rads (setting up the system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to grundfos alpha 2 setting help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto Adapt was pulling 14w which is not enough. I have now set the right side led to position 4 and it pulls 25w. Does anyone know what the pump should run at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I note that the Grundfos Alpha 2 requires a special plug to connect the electric wiring. Are those plugs reusable if rewiring is needed? It's an expensive plug, costing as much as a used Alpha pump. Suppliers of refurbished pumps don't supply a plug. Fine if it is a Grundfos like for...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it. When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet. But when its in the HW...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock