Search the forum,

Discuss Ground source Heap pump for campsite hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunny1234

About to build a toilet/shower on a campsite. 2200 litres needed for morning showers, was considering an Andrew Gas water heater which was sized and the cost £4000. Would easily cover hot water needed.

But the farmers keen to safe money in the long run, and is considering a 6kw Ground source heat pump, and 3 x 750L GROUND SOURCE HEAT PUMP BUFFER TANKS. That system comes £6500, but in the long run i suppose it's worth the extra invsetment now?

Any advice? Thanks

Now I don't know anything about heat pumps so could be way off the mark but a 6 kw heatpump to do 3x 750 litre buffer tanks!!!!

About to build a toilet/shower on a campsite. 2200 litres needed for morning showers, was considering an Andrew Gas water heater which was sized and the cost £4000. Would easily cover hot water needed.

But the farmers keen to safe money in the long run, and is considering a 6kw Ground source heat pump, and 3 x 750L GROUND SOURCE HEAT PUMP BUFFER TANKS. That system comes £6500, but in the long run i suppose it's worth the extra invsetment now?

Any advice? Thanks

When you an Andrews gas water heater do you mean LPG or Natural gas, if natural gas the savings will be minimal, if any.

I'd go for the Andrews. Less electrical load. And you can get an Andrews that is totally self sufficient on gas. No electric cables :)

Make sure you install the flue correctly with a break for servicing

Fit as many dov's as possible

And poss anti scald valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ground source Heap pump for campsite hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be the same as with my oil boiler and water storage tank (gravity-fed)?
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hello All, newbie here. I am building a new home on a spacious plot and considering a ground source heat pump instead of air source. I understand trenches need to be 1.2m deep, 1m wide, and 5m apart. But how level does the overall site have to be? My site is on the side of a hill and the...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock