Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Grohe Thermostatic Shower Mixer Bar - Flow Valve Removal in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. David Freer

David Freer New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a dripping show, so I need to disassemble my thermostatic shower mixer bar. The water flow valve is made by the company Grohe. The valve has a small slot (see red arrow on first photo). If I insert a screw driver the valve lifts slightly from the mixer unit, but this seems not to be the only fixing mechanism as the valve still does not come away from the mixer bar.

I would be really appreciative of any help on this!

Many thanks,

David.

20170909_184732.jpg

20170909_184811.jpg

20170919_191449.jpg

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Could be stuck from limescale David, suggest you try a little harder or try the showerdoctor.com (be prepared for a two day delay in response though).

3. David Freer

David Freer New Member

Aw, thanks very much rpm. The cartridge is pretty stuck so I really think there must be some other fixing mechanism. I'lll wait a day or two to see if anyone else can help me. Otherwise - I'll try your recommendation - I guess you mean showerdoc.com ??

4. Allgoode

Allgoode GSR

Hi David,
    As you have a bar shower valve with (150mm pipe ctrs) it might be more cost effective to replace with a brand spanking one rather than changing cartridge as Mira & similar have a 5yr warranty.
    Just a thought,
    Good luck ,
    Andy (Allgoode)

5. David Freer

David Freer New Member

Thank you for your advice Andy. Much appreciated!

6. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Active Member

Id email Grohe Germany (don't bother with the UK bunch). They are really helpful.