Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Grohe Taps from Europe - Will they fit in UK/Ireland? in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. buckfast

buckfast New Member

Thinking of buying some Grohe taps online from Germany, as they are crazy prices here in Rep of Ireland.

I wonder if they will have the same fittings as the British/Irish standard?

Also, I am looking at Grohe taps that are specifically marketed as "low pressure". Our house does not have any pumps (Other than one pump for a mixer shower, which we are having our plumber install).
    I assume that the "low Pressure" taps might be best?#

Thanks!

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

The Grohe taps you buy in the UK have the German fittings on them, so you'll need a 3/8 - 1/2' adapter wherever you buy them from.
    If your hot water system is open vented then you'll need a dual flow mixer.

3. buckfast

buckfast New Member

4. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

BES number 8049

5. buckfast

buckfast New Member

Thanks guys. Just on a similar topic. I am also getting a mixer shower from Germany - I will ask my plumber to install a pump in the hot water press. Any concerns on buying a thermostatic mixer shower from Germany? Thanks again.