Search the forum,

Discuss Grohe inlet valve(Grohe Rapid 3 in 1) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, if anyone can advise me on the following i would be grateful.
The images attached show the water inlet/isolation valve that comes with the grohe 3 in 1 toilet frame. The large connector appears to be 1/2" male and is tapered. the instructions are not clear what fitting this should connect to behind the cistern. With it being tapered does it require something specific?

Any advise appreciated

Neil

20180801_103033_1280x720.jpg
20180801_103057_1280x720.jpg
20180801_103120_1280x720.jpg

if you're talking about the thread on the right of the first image, that part is outside the cistern.
Any 1/2" female fitting should fit onto that.
That is a connection that will not be accessible after the cisten has been installed, so make it a good one

The big thread is 1/2 normally use a 1/2 to 15mm tap connector ISO valve (angled or straight)

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/straight-service-valve-15mm-x/58008

The smaller one is 3/8 the ball valve normally fits onto this

Reply to Grohe inlet valve(Grohe Rapid 3 in 1) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, thanks for your time reading this! We have noticed a leak appearing from the built-in toilet in our main bathroom that's spreading around our floors (great start to the year!). I've removed the panel behind the flusher and can see the water inlet attaching to the Cistern is slowly...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
If a toilet has a flush valve with a 3/8s thread. Does this mean the hole on the cistern is smaller? I want to fit a 1/2 threaded one in it.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock