Search the forum,

Discuss Grey or white speedfit fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen,
I need to move a kitchen sink including pipes and washing machine tap.
I have cut the existing copper pipes at the first convenient place and temporarily put speedfit stop ends on.

As I get a slight trickle of water I will probably connect to the pipe ends with compression or speedfit or hep20 starting with an isolating valve then continue I speedfit or hep20.

-In future access will be tricky but not impossible so I was favouring compression for the isolating valve but if you think its OK I'll use speedfit or hep20.

-I have some hep20 pipe, inserts, removal tool and fittings so I would prefer to use that but if you think it's better I'll buy speedfit. Or even copper(?)

I note that white speedfit fittings are marginally cheaper than grey at Toolstation. This even applies to tap connectors which aren't c/h parts. Why is this?

Would you trust a plastic hand tightening tap connector. I'm inclined to get brass nut type?

I look forward to your comments.
Thanks.

I would use copper soldered or compression fittings will probly workout cheaper that push fit and in my opinion more reliable.
And as you are having plastic between copper you should test for continuity between copper pipes / metal And apply equipotential bonding if necessary

Last edited:
Hi there I would also go for copper with soldered joints plastic does have its uses when a long length needs to be fitted without joints ie in floor or ceiling voids otherwise copper all the way..brum

Based on the above posts I'm gearing up for copper.
I already had the pipeslice and Bullfinch blowlamp etc. and have just dropped on a hardy used Monument tube bender locally for £25. That was a good find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grey or white speedfit fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock