Search the forum,

Discuss greenstar heats lave external combi 18/25 went to lock out why?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello went round to my sisters new house less than 4 years old and the heating system is new too. i am struggling to understand why it went to lock out? i pressed the lockout reset button and now everything is running as it should be.

the boiler has been running for over a week fine with no problems until today. i checked the basic things like the pressure, which is fine. there is more than a 1/4 of oil in the tank which is fine too and all the valves are open too for the supply to the oil pump. the flue isn't restricted and there isn't a smell of oil either. i couldn't think of any thing else too why it went to lock out? as i am learning and i would like experience from yourself to why.

i stayed for half an hour after i reset the lock out button and the heating and hot water is working fine.

thank you for all your professional experiences are welcome.

maybe just one of them things, you didnt call it a bad name did you :D

hi shaun no i didn't.
my sister had the boiler doing its thing until last nite it stopped working and i would just like to know why this this happened out of the blue. a bit strange since it has been working for over week without a problem. nothing has been altered expected from turning it of and on at the programmer.

am just curious why this has happened. I took the manual home so I'm reading it but i am only in my second year plumbing apprenticeship so not all of it makes sense.lol

any blinky lights on the controller? as that can help you tell

i think it was blinking green and red or was it green and orange.

what ill do if it goes to lockout again ill remember what colour sequance before pressing the reset button

what ill do if it goes to lockout again ill remember what colour sequance before pressing the reset button

thats the only way you can tell pitty they dont have a fault/light memory so you could recall the last 5 lockouts

just because you want it to lock out bet you it wont :D

thank you very much shaun.

not a problem tbh if you have a decent phone record the sequence you never know it could be handy once you forgot it :D

could be a number of things , just had the coil go on one of these yesterday causing an intermittent lockout!

Really needs checking with an fga and fuel pressure. if that checks out ok, just replace the coil. They are cheap and calling back is more expensive.

Just reading down this ad Chalked beat me to it.Stick yer analyser in it,check the pressure, pull the photocell etc etc but tbh if it was my sister i'd show her how to press the reset then tell her to fk off and don't phone me.
Oil boilers are a pop. About a dozen (less) faults can go wrong on any of them (they are all much the same). Much easier to learn than gas.

Also had ebi has an intermittent fault. Pain in the backside that one.

thanks everyone I've learned so much from all since i signed up over a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to greenstar heats lave external combi 18/25 went to lock out why?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock