Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar Camray Kitchen System 18/25 smells in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Duck

This boiler emits a oily smell during and after use but otherwise performs well. This problem has been slightly improved by renewing the primary and secondary heat exchanger gaskets and the burner O-ring seal but is still unacceptable. Maybe these boilers always smell! Any suggestions as to what else to try?

Yes. Get a qualified and experienced engineer to have a look. Could be a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar Camray Kitchen System 18/25 smells in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi again. Having successfully solved my secondary problem it’s now time to reconsider the primary fault. my boiler smells of oil, not always but usually. system is 25 years old and boiler is serviced annually. Metal tank in garden with Atkinson tank-master tap. Trianco boiler in utility room...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Since moving to our property in Dec 2017, the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18/25 Heatslave, has had a recurring lockout problem, which 3 OFTEC engineers have not been able to diagnose/ resolve. Typically at night when on manual,with no hot water running and with NO HOT WATER demanded of it. The...
Replies
Views
B
Hi guys, New to the forum but thought I’d best get on top of this problem I’ve been living with for a while now so require some advice please. Although a common problem can’t find the answer to my specific situation. Finished building the garage two years ago and had a new pressurised Worcester...
Replies
Views
Bobert
B
P
I have recently exchanged a failed boiler for the WB Greenstar Heatslve 18/25, which was basically a like for like swap. The failed boiler was the same model, albeit 10 years old. As the boiler stops burning there is a clunk/knock. Sometimes it's quiet, sometimes loud. The pipework was altered...
Replies
Views
kimbo
K
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock