Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar 24i blue and red flashing lights in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi

We have a greenstar 24i system boiler which is feeding an unvented cylinder

Since we moved into the hour 3 years ago - we have had an intermittent issue of the boiler stopping and showing flashing lights. It seems totally random. Pressing the reset has always worked and can last for days or weeks before it happens again.

We have Homeserve cover - and they are always happy to come out. We’ve left it a few times in the flashing state so they can see it. But they don’t have any great ideas. They have replaced the gas regulator as that was causing an issue once. They sometimes clean out the water trap as they said there’s a lot of sediment. They adjusted the air mix? As it wasn’t running great. But nothing ever concrete as to the cause.

We had a loft conversion done a year or so ago - and the boiler had to be moved. It was totally re-plumber and re-wired. New flu and tank were fitted. The issue is still there!

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Yes. Ditch homeserve and ask around for a local reliable gas safe engineer. You won’t get a diagnosis on here I’m afraid as we don’t condone diy boiler repairs. I’m sure you understand

Guys - I’m not looking for a DIY job - I’m looking for some ideas I can pass to them.

They send local heating engineers round each time we make a call out - as yet - not one of them has been able to resolve it.

I just wondered if anyone had the same issue and managed to resolve it.

Yes but look at it from our perspective. We only have your say that you’re not going to do it yourself. Obviously we’re not going to call you a liar but I’m sure you can appreciate why we err on the side of caution. As we’ve suggested maybe put it to home serve that you’re going to find someone else to do the repair and charge them unless they can sort it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar 24i blue and red flashing lights in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock