Search the forum,

Discuss Grecnstar Danesmoor System Flue problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I've spent the last two days fitting a Danesmoor System Kitchen 25/32 in place of a leaking 30 year old Worcester boiler and this afternoon I attempted to fit the flue - big mistake :(

My customer ordered all the stuff for the install and as he'd got it from PTS I, wrongly it appears, assumed that the parts would be the correct ones for the boiler, however What I cannot do is to get the oil fit flue elbow to go into the joint on the top of the boiler. The inner spigot will match up to the boiler but the white outer part only butts up against the boiler socket. Is this right? Doesn't seem safe to me.
There appears to be what I can only describe as 'Locking Dogs' on the socket end of the flue on top of the boiler and the elbow will not fit into it properly.
Worcester tech support have just told me that there's no special elbow adapter for this and that it uses a standard flue elbow so if any of you what people know what I'm doing wrong I'd very much like to know as I usually only service the things, this is my first install though and Id like to get it right if I can. Although I do lots of gas installs these day, when it comes to oil They seem to last to long :)

The boiler is a Danesmoor System Kitchen 25/32 with a 3mtr vertical flue.

Been a while since I fitted a Worcester but from memory its a bit of blurt on the rubber and shove it in.

Any pics?

you got any pics ?

Your correct, the outer white bit only butts up to it and then there's a metal band that clamps round the 2 forming the join....

If the destructions made that bit clear it would've saved me time on the first one I did.

Your correct, the outer white bit only butts up to it and then there's a metal band that clamps round the 2 forming the join....

If the destructions made that bit clear it would've saved me time on the first one I did.

That's one I'll remember for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grecnstar Danesmoor System Flue problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock