Search the forum,

Discuss GrayWater harvesting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CarlH

I've been asked about possibly installing graywater system to a potential customers new house..... Any advice/tips?

Also they want underfloor heating and would like me to go with them for the viewing????? Has anyone been in this position? Should I go just to see if UFH is possible? if so just give an estimate how much itll cost etc?

Not unusual when regular or recommended customers buying a new house to get their tradesmen in on a viewing, to have a look and see what they can do and get some idea of costs, also allows them to get work started straight away when/if contract exchanged
Complement to you that they trust your advice and workmanship
thumbsup.gif
:)

Done a few jobs for them, had a fewreverals from them too...
Ive never done gray water system which I've explained to them but how hard is it? I'm gonnna start researching it fully would be handy if anyone has any tips?

and with the new build regs coming in - asking? ,forcing or only permitting me to use 125 litres a day seems like the way forward.

Is it any harder to use rainwater too or can you not mix the 2 for recycleing? cant see why not?

Anyone know which UFH system is best and best value?

CarlH

Rainwater Harvesting is simple, Big tank in the garden linked to the storm drain with a pump station in the house to pump the water out and either directly to the WC’s etc or to a tank in the roof space. There are plenty of kits/manufactures available and sizing is straight forward.

Grey water is not as straight forward as you have to deal with the soup etc that is in the water but again there are plenty of kits/manufactures about.

With the amount of rain we get I have only ever considered rainwater to be viable. I suppose if you are trying to reduce sewage then grey water is a consideration.

check out rehau mate.

massive german firm, they do both underfloor and rainwater harvesting - as well as loads of other things.

im going on a course in later this month, got the added bonus of my missis's father being very high up there, so hopefully he can wangle a family rate for me eventually haha.

Thanks fvor the reply guys will look more into it?

What course you going on? How much does it cost?

underfloor heating i am doing. but i know they have a range of rainwater harvesting applainces available.

I have done a few ufh systems now and one main point that does bug me, some brands do the pipe in 16mm ? why just means that the left over pipe from say a 100mtr coil when the pipe run only used say 70mtr is waste the 15mm pipe that others use can be used for hot cold ect:confused:

I have done a few ufh systems now and one main point that does bug me, some brands do the pipe in 16mm ? why just means that the left over pipe from say a 100mtr coil when the pipe run only used say 70mtr is waste the 15mm pipe that others use can be used for hot cold ect:confused:

Yeah, i agree with you there, does seem to be a little odd they use 16mm pipe im not sure why either:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GrayWater harvesting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock