Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity hot water system plumbed into central heating circuit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any body seen this b4?
I have just moved into a bungalow and it has a Baxi Boston boiler installed around 20yrs ago (still working). Whilst up in the loft I noticed there was only one cold water tank and no header tank for the central heating. The hot water and central heating vent both discharge into the same tank! The system has no motorised valve, one side of the boiler flow & return is 22mm pumped CH and the other 28mm hot water circuit that goes to the hot water cylinder. I drained the system down and left the tank open and checked and it was filling the CH circuit up. I cannot find where it feeds into it yet and iv had numerous floorboards up. Anybody seen this b4?

That brings back some memories, nothing much to go wrong but you would be better to convert to fully pumped, but that would need new cylinder roof tank and controls, then find someone who knows how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity hot water system plumbed into central heating circuit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock