Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss Grant vortex eco utility 15-21 will not fire and there is water dripping from a few p in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Stuart brand

Stuart brand New Member

I have got up this morning to a cold house and noticed the boiler was making a noise but was not firing, the oil tank is 3 quarters full and it worked perfectly the night before. The pressure gauge is reading 2.5 bar and the lockout switch is not illuminating. There is water dripping from a few places around the boiler unit, also I noticed there is a drip from around the pump in the airing cupboard and the valve! I am thinking there may be a blockage somewhere causing the system to overpressurise. I have undone the bleed screws on the radiators and water is flowing from all of them, I am not sure what that means. I haven't checked the oil supply to the boiler because I don't know how, any suggestions would be massively appreciated as it is Christmas Day and the chances of getting anyone around to have a look in the next week is highly unlikely. I see most problems are caused by low pressure and the lockout switch lighting up. I have neither of these problems.
    regards
    stuart

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Re: Grant vortex eco utility 15-21 will not fire and there is water dripping from a f

Very little you're gonna be able to do yourself mate. Think you're going to need an oftec guy in

3. Stuart brand

Stuart brand New Member

Re: Grant vortex eco utility 15-21 will not fire and there is water dripping from a f

Thanks mate, I had an oil delivery last week I was wondering if the oil was dodgy, if it had water in it?! I have got an engineer booked for the 28th