Search the forum,

Discuss Grant vortex eco oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyplumber

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys

I fitted a wet room a couple of weeks ago including a new towel rail
The customer is now claiming her boiler is not working properly and it was fine till I did the wetroom, all I did was drain the heating down, fit towel rail and fill it back up, fired it up and it all heated up hot water and heating, as it a oil boiler I won't touch it I have explained I'm not oil qualified, the boiler fires up normllly and heats up until the boiler stat reaches temp, it switches off for 2 minutes, then fires up for 4 minutes and it does this until it turns off on the clock or manually

Customer is saying it never used to turn off and back on again?
I have suggested they employ a oil engineer but it falls on deaf ears

Air lock on a couple of rads causing it to cycle?

i have replaced the pump thinking it was weak pump, when i changed the pump it did shift a bit of air, i installed a auto air vent but the boiler still fires up then turns off, and a radiator was full a sludge which i have flushed out, i have check the vent pipe to make sure its not sucking air in and replaced the 3 port valve.

i have replaced the pump thinking it was weak pump, when i changed the pump it did shift a bit of air, i installed a auto air vent but the boiler still fires up then turns off, and a radiator was full a sludge which i have flushed out, i have check the vent pipe to make sure its not sucking air in and replaced the 3 port valve.

Flow and return temperatures?
What are they?

i checked the flow and return temp last night i was getting 19-20 degree difference 72 flow 51 return thats with boiler the stat at maximum.

Does it have a By-pass ?
Is it open?
Have I got this right ?
Boiler fires, comes up to temp, all Heating and DHW get hot, Boiler knocks off, then cycles ?
If that's the issue, it must have been like that before!

I would also think the boiler must have been always like that. If everything comes up to full heat after an hour or two, but boiler continues to cycle, then could be the nature of the boiler stat. I have seen same thing with Vortex boiler.
Is the boiler internal?

Sounding like the old "You touched it last!" trick Andy.

I`ve had it tried on me, I fixed the sani and got blamed for the flush not working as it used too.

Yes you have pretty much got it right all rads get hot and DHW, no bypass.
I also think the issue was there before i started but when you get that old saying "it was fine before you got here" I can't help but try and sort it plus I wanna get paid lol, I think in future i'll fire boilers up before drain down. the only issue i saw with the heating was it was full of sludge when I drained down the first time to do the first fix, and i treated it with fernox f3 and flushed it out on second fix
The heating heating pipework is the old non barrier hep20 which doesn't help with sludge.

I am waiting for the next "it was fine before you arrived", probably for a broken tv not washing machine LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant vortex eco oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock