Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Vortex 26 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an internal grant vortex 26 combi around 8yrs old.....the boiler is working ok but I have noticed that the burner varies in times it takes to ignite? Normally the Riello burner fan comes on and ignites within 5 seconds but sometimes the fan will come on and it takes up to 40 seconds to ignite......is this normal as I thought the burner would have 'locked out' after that amount of time?

There is an issue with it. Get it looked at before it does lock out. It's getting cold.

Something that would be noticed and no doubt sorted in a service

I know I am going to get some stick for this but I have never serviced it.....I went to replace the nozzle the other day but found one the screws on the blast tube siezed, so I abandoned the attempt.........Can you tell me how long the burner will attempt to fire before locking out? It is my intention to replace the unit and fit an external Worcester heatslave combi....(any recomendations to install one in south wales?). TIA

Riello burners can run without fully firing indefinitely, just depends on what is happening.
Why were you trying to replace the nozzle? Boiler has to be set up with an analyser after a nozzle change, so needs an oil engineer.
The bolts on blast tube can be removed easy enough if you know what you are doing and correct tools. Not surprised they were a bit tight after lack of servicing, - and taking of a bit tight, why did you not bother having the boiler serviced? Bet it used a lot more oil over those years than if it had been serviced properly.
Ideally I would prefer a Grant Vortex heat only boiler and an unvented hot cylinder.

Riello burners can run without fully firing indefinitely, just depends on what is happening.
Why were you trying to replace the nozzle? Boiler has to be set up with an analyser after a nozzle change, so needs an oil engineer.
The bolts on blast tube can be removed easy enough if you know what you are doing and correct tools. Not surprised they were a bit tight after lack of servicing, - and taking of a bit tight, why did you not bother having the boiler serviced? Bet it used a lot more oil over those years than if it had been serviced properly.
Ideally I would prefer a Grant Vortex heat only boiler and an unvented hot cylinder.

I too would most definitely prefer a system boiler and unvented cylinder but as a small barn conversion I had no other choice but to have a combi.

The combi over the years has been very frugal probably for most part the barn being so well insulated.

I did not have the boiler serviced because I was too lazy......totaly my own fault. I have made a few repairs over the years, control board, relay and relay base, burner oil pump and expansion vessel.......

I take you point on the nozzel and as I say I am getting installed a new external combi asap

I appreciate your honesty! Really replacing an oil pump would need oil pressure set with oil gauge, plus analyser used to set combustion.
Pity you didn't have a small boiler room or other space for a heat only boiler, with pump, vessel etc fitted separate to the boiler and space beside for an unvented unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Vortex 26 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock