Search the forum,

Discuss grant oil combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

cant remember the model but the AAV is shot,leaking everywhere going back after the break to sort it,its tucked in on the RH side,going to take the control panel off to sort it but question is,is there a quality one i can fit that will last?a joking halfwit has been there,single old lady he told her she needed a new boiler,the prat,only needs a AAV

normal threaded connection or special pin type?

and height an issue?

They really don't need auto vents anyhow. Heat seems to destroy AAVs.
A manual vent would do fine really as anybody working on it that is a heating engineer would know to bleed air if draining & refilling at any time.
I know I personally just close the caps off on AAVs once the air is out, therefore just making it a manual vent anyhow and I think most guys do same.

think its a half inch thread,height not to much of a issue

Flamco Flexvent dont have much bother with them normally last upto 10 years

Flamco seem to cope with the heat a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have changed some in boilers before when I didn't have any on van , did 15mm - 1/2" union , piece of 15mm and solder a manual on top , as the previous post say, most autos I find are closed anyhow , from what ive heard this is due to expansion vessel failure or not enough expansion in exp tank! anyone else heard this? most seem to leak tho! nearly as unreliable as a drainoff!! I think someone needs to re invent them 2 items!

Could try a solar aav like the caleffi one. They must be better. Most i find are turned off or scaled up

Get the grant aav for the boiler. The main reasons for failure is lack of expansion and dirty heating system. If the boiler is drained chuck a cleanser in it for a couple of days then go back drain and refill with inhibitor. Also check expansion vessel size as the older boilers didn't have large enough capacity to take a whole system.

change it for original and leave open, means you get work again in 5 years time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to grant oil combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Had a call early today to a Grant 36e internal combi. Fault was no heating but had hot water. Turns out various engineers had visited and the customer has lost faith. Forts thing I noticed was an array of parts strewn across the floor, solenoid, oil pump, pressure switch, 2 air vents and a flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock