Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Oil Boiler Firing, stopping firing etc? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I serviced an oil boiler the other day that hadn't been done for over 6 years! When trying to take an Analyser reading I found that the burner seemed to be firing for 20 secs then stopping for about 10, firing then stopping continually through the same cycle although the fan was continually running? The boiler is a grant multipass 50/70 utilising a balanced flue. Anybody got any ideas of the possible cause?:confused:

cheers Jim

Hi

I am experiencing a very similiar issue with a grant Vortex 26kw external condensing combi oil boiler which is only 18 months old and this only happens at roughly 05:30am when it is due to come on. Same conditions - fires up, stops, the fan is continueally running.

When the customer gets up. They turn off the system, waits 5 mins, turns it on again and this time it works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?
regards

Paul

Check for water in the oil or more likely icing of the water in the oil particularly at the tank outlet valve/filter which blocks off the oil supply. I know what you are thinking that oil doesn't freeze but the water in the oil does!

Also may be the sludging of the oil due to the oil bacteria/bug when it also blocks the outlet filter.

Thats a very good point. I should know this, given I fly planes and the first thing we check for is water in the fuel.

Thanks

Paul :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Oil Boiler Firing, stopping firing etc? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock