Search the forum,

Discuss Grant euroflame 50/70 oil boiler failing to fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of the country are you in
I am in north devon.As mentioned,the oil pump will be looked at next.

If dirt got into oil line then it would clog to some extent oil filter at pipe + oil filter in oil pump + fire valves & everything else. If it is a decent paper element filter ( at tank ) then hopefully it will only be dirty. The 50/70 euroflame is very likely not to start in cold weather if it hasn't been set properly. The CO2 should be set correctly. Make sure the bloke working on it knows what he is doing & uses test equipment. Also he has to be oftec qualified. Oil pumps & motor condensers are what gives trouble on RDB burners.

"Has to be oftec qualified" Certainly does not.
My uncle works maintenance for a local university. A fitter by trade.
He knows heating basics so similar knowledge as first or second year apprentice.
Anyway they sent him on an oftec course and he passed.
He could name the different components of the burner but absolutely no chance of
diagnosing simple lock out faults.
Obviously there's plenty of good guys oftec registered but also plenty of muppets.
This is why I havnt bothered because its extremely unlikely I'll learn anything.
I'll stick with the manufacturers courses for updates on building regulations and keep up to date with my G3.
know oftec though unless you guys know something I don't.

"Has to be oftec qualified" Certainly does not.
My uncle works maintenance for a local university. A fitter by trade.
He knows heating basics so similar knowledge as first or second year apprentice.
Anyway they sent him on an oftec course and he passed.
He could name the different components of the burner but absolutely no chance of
diagnosing simple lock out faults.
Obviously there's plenty of good guys oftec registered but also plenty of muppets.
This is why I havnt bothered because its extremely unlikely I'll learn anything.
I'll stick with the manufacturers courses for updates on building regulations and keep up to date with my G3.
know oftec though unless you guys know something I don't.

Certainly does. How are you going to get anything passed? What if an oil boiler you serviced developed an alleged dangerous problem, - no qualification, no proof you know anything. Tell a judge you haven't qualifications in oil, but know how to safely do oil work as you do other bits of plumbing just won't be accepted no doubt.
Anyone working on oil boilers has to be OFTEC qualified and registered, or other to prove competent. They will not be able to fill in paperwork without having oil qualifications.
Don't get me wrong, I do entirely agree with you that OFTEC is ridiculous and costly. Money for nothing, and I know oil is not regulated fully.
I have a friend who never worked at plumbing or oil boilers, but he did the OFTEC 101 servicing/commissioning and the 105 oil installation exams no problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant euroflame 50/70 oil boiler failing to fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock