Search the forum,

Discuss Grant boiler pumping over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got a grant oil fired boiler on a large system two heating zones and a hotwater zone each has a honeywell zone valve, the heating is pumping over intermittently a surge of water its as if the boiler is keeping firing when it should be off need to go into it in more depth any ideas guys . cheers kop

Close coupled vent and feed?
Is it a system boiler, or is the pump somewhere else?
If pump is separate, is it pumping towards a vent?
Is it all wired properly, with boiler and pump off when all zones valves close off?
Is there a bypass valve fitted?

A Controls issue i am thinking Best meeting the sparks there pm tommorow its a old system but boiler has been replaced within the last 10years i would say to be continued. Kop

Turns out the frost stat was keeping the boiler on and one motorised valve was faulty and closed, the stat was keeping the boiler on with no bypass installed it was overheating and with nowhere to go expanding up the vent into the header tank as Vee said poor design and pipework install needs upgrading . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant boiler pumping over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock