1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss grant boiler cutting out after 3 seconds in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. peter gillies

peter gillies New Member

I have an external oil fired grant boiler. I have just fitted a new oil pump and bled the system but the boiler fires up for 3 seconds and then cuts out. any ideas???

2. johnf

johnf Active Member

Hello Peter
    Do you have the necessary equipment to set the correct pressure on the oil pump?

3. SimonG

SimonG Plumber

Oil pump gauge?
    Analyser?

Then stop messing around with something that could kill you or your family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnf

johnf Active Member

Hello Simon, you stole my next post to the OP! As you said get someone in who knows what they are doing. Oil boilers can produce a lot of CO and need to be set up correctly by someone who knows what they are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SimonG

SimonG Plumber

Too many idiots think it's only gas that's a problem.

6. johnf

johnf Active Member

We hear it all the time. I found today we were competing against a postman for an install of an oil boiler! Luckily the Customer had some sense and we got the job. Frightening really.

• Like Like x 2