Search the forum,

Discuss Government funded boilers.. How do I get on this as a installer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Morning all I am 3 weeks away from completing my gas safe training.
Wondering if anyone knows much about this government funded boiler scheme?
how do I qualify as a installer, how do I apply, is it worth it?

Oh ok thanks for the heads up,
Just out of interest what makes you say it's not worth it?

It costs to much to jump through the hoops the government wants, PAS 2030 etc

If you're into boiler bashing then it's the right thing for you. You are not required to fit modulating controls etc which really makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Our firm does it. 6 installers on it. 6 office staff running it.
It pays bills but not much else.
Your audited very tightly and have to abide by regs that aren't part of mi. Some are commercial regs which the funding provider wants.
Or.
Cos they're idiots.

Lag the gas pipe anyone?!!!!

Our firm does it. 6 installers on it. 6 office staff running it.
It pays bills but not much else.
Your audited very tightly and have to abide by regs that aren't part of mi. Some are commercial regs which the funding provider wants.
Or.
Cos they're idiots.

Lag the gas pipe anyone?!!!!

That's SOP for my Apprentice, loves to lag the Gas pipe!!

I've seem a few gas pipes lagged recently and it baffles me why it been done, just presumed it was the house owner lagging all the pipes and probably unsure which is which

I had a customer try to with hold payment because I said I'd lagg pipes in the loft, when I didn't lagg the gas main he said I'm not paying as I haven't lagged it lol So I got some of that silver rokwool lagging off a mate & lagged it with that. Soon shut him up lol

It's miscommunication. But as soon as it slips in to the neccasary work. It has to be done or you don't recieve the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Government funded boilers.. How do I get on this as a installer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to increase the pressure in my gas boiler and was under the assumption it just involved opening these two small black valves. I have tried this but the pressure gauge on the boiler hasn't budged? Anyone know why this is?
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock