Search the forum,

Discuss Government free boiler schemes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jah heating did you power flush for that what boiler did you fit and was it combi to combi cheers

Jah heating did you power flush for that what boiler did you fit and was it combi to combi cheers

No, just a hot an cold flush that's all that's asked.

an I mini an they fit vokera aswell.

i got given a wireless stat to fit which I didn't do, it had no fuse spur.

They feeling I got was they just want them lashing it, the more the better.

im glad am getting out of this game to be honest

the main thing is tho all the boiler warranty is invalid so is that not a good thing for us, if a boiler breaks down they will not repair it, next year is going to be fun, how many landlord boilers will we need to shut down because of under gased etc,

These jobs are turning into a nightmare i have been to one where a john guest fitting on the hot blew of a 22mm imperial pipe they said not there fault none of the fittings where tightened

I agree with ray, it's all about saving the planet, politicians don't really care how it's done as long as it is done and it isn't paid for by the government!

I agree with ray, it's all about saving the planet, politicians don't really care how it's done as long as it is done and it isn't paid for by the government!

No it's not, the planet will save itself, it might kill off all the humans in the process, guaranteed though we won't kill it, just ourselves! Every other animal will adapt :)

It's about politics.

No it's not, the planet will save itself, it might kill off all the humans in the process, guaranteed though we won't kill it, just ourselves! Every other animal will adapt :)

It's about politics.

Greed. That's what makes the world go round.

Been calling around about doing subbie work rang a guy that said back boiler to combi fitting vokera vision he has terms that gets him them all in for £695 you buy the pack and fit it then he pays you £1000 I unintentionally laughed down the phone he said is wrong we have loads of plumbers doing it can't believe it pipe fitting got to be at least £100 then boiler flue filter £695 that leaves the grand sum of £205 who is working for that £100 a day asda is looking stacking shelves with no responsibility

I get £300 combi to combi and £500 BBU to combi, they supply boiler flue clock etc I need to supply pipe etc, I get to keep scrap. If the gas upgrade is more than 6m then they pay for extra pipe.

for each combi swap its not going to be anywhere near more than £50 for materials and diesel so I'm looking at £250 per day there abouts which is not a bad wage. If I could get my own installs to keep me goiing I would do that any day of the week plus any of my own work would be priority to the subby work.

If you buy in bulk then there is money to be made, maybe not as much as you could working for yourself but unless you are established and known around the area then that would be hard! especially if you are new in a big city

Last edited:
This scheme will end up just like the warmfront scheme with 1000s of boiler s be fitted that are 3rd rate installs and permantly beaking down. the manufacters are working on the fact that if people cant afford to have the boilers installed in the first place they wont afford to service them, thus warranties are null & void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Government free boiler schemes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock