Search the forum,

Discuss Goo worm combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I hope someone can help. I have a glo worm combi boiler - previously had the heat plate cleaned and a magnetic sludge filter installed due to problem with no hot water.

For the last few weeks the boiler has been coming on when room stat is set to frost and temp is not below 5 degrees. All the rads come on - they are fitted with TRV's. We are having problems with no hot water - have to run the tap for a long time to get warm water. I have checked the filter and very little build up of sludge - the system has inhibitor in it.

I am wondering it it could be the diverter valve in the boiler which is causing the problem? As the boiler is quite old it may be worth investing in a new one? Any advice would be appreciated and recommendations for efficient new combi. I have 10 rads, 1 bathroom - 3 bed semi - good water pressure.
Cheers.

Hi, sounds like it could have a diverter valve issue. Get a gas Safe engineer to take a look.

As for whether you would be best to have a new boiler, speak to your engineer about the general condutcon of your appliance. Most modern boilers have a life span of 10-15 years but that's only if installed correctly. System flushed, gas supply correct, good chemicals etc...

Reply to Goo worm combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock