Search the forum,

Discuss Going to try and fir shower pump! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,

I'm planning to fit a shower pump tomorrow. Fairly handy with electrics so fine on that side.

However my plumbing experience is not non-existent but limited.

I don’t suppose someone would have a look at the first pic attached and let me know what these circled ‘green’ fittings are? I presume they’re some form of push fitting? How would one go about removing them?

Also if you could have a look at the pump in the pic and perhaps give me some guidance on what additional fittings I’ll need to buy to attach the pump to the lines in the first pic.

Thanks for the help! And lets hope I don’t flood the house!

p.s pump is a "Wasp 60" positive head. Also checked and water pressure should be enough to activate.

j7g21f.jpg

295yb9w.jpg

Shark bite/tectite fittings (need a special tool to disassemble)

Also the pump needs its own supply from both the cold water tank (lower than the hot water cylinder take off) and hot water cylinder (via an s flange)

Also that pump looks like it's had its day

Sorry to say

Hi thanks for your reply.

The pump is being given to me for free and has been removed perfectly work so not too worried

Thanks, im aware of the 2 inlets and outlets for cold/hot.

Could not cut the pipe and remove 'shark/bite fittings with a pliers?
And then replace with fittings that would mate with the pump? If so what fittings should I use to replace.

Thanks again!

Don't think so

And you would need to run dedicated feeds from both the hot water cylinder and cold water tank

Can't use the hot and cold services to let's say a bath

Thanks,

Yes I will be running dedicated feeds from hot water cylinder and cold from mains feed line. Fyi, on the pic. The pipe in front, with the red circles drawn on it is the hot water line from cylinder and the pipe behind is the cold water mains line.

I suppose I could leave the shark bite fittings in place and cut a chunk out of the middle of the pipe between the red circles and hope I have enough pipe left to attach the pump hot water inlet and outlet between existing fittings??

Thanks again

I'd be more worried about the electrics than the plumbing. No such thing as being 'handy', especially for this sort of thing.

Thanks,

Yes I will be running dedicated feeds from hot water cylinder and cold from mains feed line. Fyi, on the pic. The pipe in front, with the red circles drawn on it is the hot water line from cylinder and the pipe behind is the cold water mains line.

I suppose I could leave the shark bite fittings in place and cut a chunk out of the middle of the pipe between the red circles and hope I have enough pipe left to attach the pump hot water inlet and outlet between existing fittings??

Thanks again
Two things
1- You cannot connect a power pump to the mains feed as it will pop, it has to be from the tank in the loft. (If it is big enough)
2- if you connect the hot side of the pump as above you will be pumping the whole house unless that feed is just for the shower?

Two things
1- You cannot connect a power pump to the mains feed as it will pop, it has to be from the tank in the loft. (If it is big enough)
2- if you connect the hot side of the pump as above you will be pumping the whole house unless that feed is just for the shower?

Hi,

Sorry yeah that is a feed from tank not mains, just comes up under floor..

That hot feed just does shower and kitchen tap.

A little knowledge can be dangerous sammy serously bud get a plumber in to sort out spaghetti juction before adding more pipework and the shower pump , you will kick yourself if it goes **** up cheers kop .

Thanks for all the good advice.

So, the pump is installed, no floods, no-one was electrocuted and no laws were broken. There is now high-pressure water to the shower and kitchen sink! Delighted.

29ps13t.jpg

(installed the pump in a slightly different place and left all the shark-bite fittings in place and just added new compression fittings as that's what i'm used to, no leaks!)

Not really the way it should be done sammy but if your satisfied. cant see any valves anywhere if you get a failure it will be costly best of luck kop.

Doesn`t that pump sound noisy like that and there is supposed to be air gap under the motor hence use of the feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going to try and fir shower pump! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock