Search the forum,

Discuss Gloworm 30C hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
A mate of mine has asked me to have a look at his boiler because the water flow has just about stopped and he's getting grief from his family :)
I'd like to know if any of you have come across this problem, with this boiler, and have any insights, before I travel 40 miles to help him out.
He called an 'Emergency Gas Man' (His words not mine) last night but the guy apparently just checked the gas rate and diverter valve, and cleaned out the system filter without sorting the problem.
The water flow is, apparently, extremely poor. Not enough to run the shower. The mains pressure is ok.
Any of your (sensible) thoughts on this would be appreciated :)

Is the water flow hot still? Possible a blocked filter or plate heat exchanger?

Do they have a filter on the cold?
Any valves under the boiler been shut or partially closed?
Same at all taps or just the shower? Maybe a shower fault

Do they have a filter on the cold?
Any valves under the boiler been shut or partially closed?
Same at all taps or just the shower? Maybe a shower fault
I think it is a built in non return On the Glowworm's bit I may be wrong. Have you checked the filters on the shower if it a bar mixer?

New plateX and temperature is very warm but not what you'd call hot apparently.
Flow rate of 20ltrs per minute on cold and 2.5 on hot, at the kitchen tap
I think it is a built in non return On the Glowworm's bit I may be wrong. Have you checked the filters on the shower if it a bar mixer?

The water's the same all over the house what's behind the plate X? He reckons there might have been some water spilt by the 'Gas Man' when he changed the plate X

btw - there was a filter on the cold but the 'Gas Man' removed it. made no difference apparently. Boiler works fine on CH side but not on HW side; Pressure sensor?

Sounds like it must be restricted somewhere
Any chance the cold under the boiler was turned off and the valve is now broken?

Did the hot water pressure drop suddenly? Only a few options, first check inlet and outlet of hot isolation valve.

New plateX and temperature is very warm but not what you'd call hot apparently.
Flow rate of 20ltrs per minute on cold and 2.5 on hot, at the kitchen tap

The water's the same all over the house what's behind the plate X? He reckons there might have been some water spilt by the 'Gas Man' when he changed the plate X

20 litres a min !!!! If you are sure

20 litres a min !!!! If you are sure
Welllll - that's what he told me over the phone. He's not a plumber so I reckon he probably used a mug to measure the flow and just said 20. I translated that as 20lpm so it's my mistake really. I think that I'll be going over to have a look when he gets back from his holiday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gloworm 30C hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock