Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm Ultracom 30sxi expansion vessel replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading about problems and relating them to my situation it seemed that the expansion vessel could be faulty.

I depressed the schrader valve inner. After a brief and insignificant exhalation, I gave it a pump. There was a gurgling bubbling noise from the EV. On re-testing for pressure, water came out.

So I replaced the expansion vessel (nice easy job, thanks GW designers!).

What do I need to do to re-commission? Pressurise the system to 0.8 bar, switch it on (the manual seems to say this) - or what?

Are you Gas Safe Registered?

Do you find that because of the rising costs or boiler parts that more & more people are asking questions or looking on various sites and attempting to do their own repairs, that's why these sort of questions are getting asked, I have noticed over the last 2/3 years more DIY people attempting boiler repairs, and free and easy access to gas related parts is encouraging it.

Do you find that because of the rising costs or boiler parts that more & more people are asking questions or looking on various sites and attempting to do their own repairs, that's why these sort of questions are getting asked, I have noticed over the last 2/3 years more DIY people attempting boiler repairs, and free and easy access to gas related parts is encouraging it.
I had a regular customer call me yesterday stating that his boiler was leaking. He then proceeds to tell me that he has taken the case off to see where it is coming from. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OK, well that's done, up and running. Good job (needed a new PRV too, got it from the PM this afternoon). It's not rocket science.

No but unless your gas safe you shouldn't be removing the boiler case / cover

No but unless your gas safe you shouldn't be removing the boiler case / cover

No your right but I mentioned about this on another post ! People are doing online research, then pop down the local parts outlet , watch a Video on YouTube and do it over the week end, Its totally irrelevant weather or not we tell them how to do it, They are not interested if its legal or not, all they see its my property I can get all the parts & information so why pay someone, THEY DONT CARE.

When I read posts like this I wonder why 'guests' are allowed on this forum - it should be for plumbers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Ultracom 30sxi expansion vessel replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock