Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm sxi not hot enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

Went to this job last week and it just sat at 35 degrees on the boiler, which is basically tick over mode

i pulled the stats off the flow and return pipe work on the boiler and then after a few minutes it whirred into life, so I thought ok, the thermistors must be on their way out so I changed the pair and sure enough the boiler fired up as it should with a bit of conviction and the rads got piping hot. Job done.......or so I thought

got a call saying it's doing the same thing again, where would I go next with these glorious boilers that are positively budget, guaranteed to come back to it after you fixed it and never hear the end of it shenanigans.

found the problem

pump getting weak, the boiler basically goes to overheat, to stop damaging the boiler, it just stays at 35 Degrees, installed new pump, now a grundfos pump and now runs as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm sxi not hot enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
Fitted a glow worm energy yesterday and is firing for hot water when there isnt a hot water demand, there are no leaks anywhere. Even when heating is calling the hot water demand is still overiding even though no hot taps are open. Has anyone got any ideas?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock