Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm flexicom 30cx in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaky

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Just got a call to look at one of these boilers, heating ok no hot water any common problems with these boilers?

Check flow switch, diverter valve.

Hi cheers buddy,
Just had a quick look on the way home, turn hot tap on it does sense it and start to ramp up then goes to low flame but still cold water so was thinking diverter valve are they quite common on them?Going back tomorrow afternoon.

Check if heat passes down flow pipe to test if the diverter is stuck. It's pretty rare that they stick, pretty common that they leak through the spindle.
First thing I would actually check is that the plastic filter isn't blocked and preventing flow through plate, it has in internal bypass that it'll run through if the filter is blocked

Check if heat passes down flow pipe to test if the diverter is stuck. It's pretty rare that they stick, pretty common that they leak through the spindle.
First thing I would actually check is that the plastic filter isn't blocked and preventing flow through plate, it has in internal bypass that it'll run through if the filter is blocked

Cheers mate
Where abouts is that filter? Going on Monday now to have a look.

It's in the left hand side behind the pressure switch. You need to take the little flow pipe out and you can pull it out the side. Helps if you have clearance and can remove the side panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm flexicom 30cx in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Got back from a week visiting family over Xmas and our boiler has now started making banging and grinding noises. It’s a British Gas 330 which is a Glow Worm boiler.
Replies
Views
Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me of a boiler equivalent to a Glow worm micron 30ff. I am not sure what one I should get?
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right? I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock