Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm 30cxi - Main PCB blowing, any advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlammerUK

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a Glow Worm 30cxi Condensing Combi Boiler.

Last week, the main pcb died. I got the board replaced (4000124180). Boiler came back on, happy days.

I did notice that the water was nowhere near as hot as it should be and been advised the Plate to Plate Heat Exchanger probably needs cleaning/replacing and would fix this issue, so thought I'd get that done if the boiler was still functioning in a weeks time.

Then this morning, the board died again. So its lasted approx 72 hours before blowing again :veryangry2:

If it helps the diagnosis, the central heating has been turned off ! Its purely been used for hot water so has had very little use.

Obviously getting a new board and fitting it, is going to have the same effect as there is an underlying issue. Is there a common fault that could be causing this? Or anything I should be checking?

Im surprised/disappointed that any part which has developed a fault can take out the main board like this? Surely if its overheating for example due to the whole system + plates needing flushing, it should just shut down?!

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully help me solve this :)

Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm 30cxi - Main PCB blowing, any advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock