Discuss Glow-worm 12HXI ignition faliure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theOtherMrMike

Every winter without fail this boiler throws an F1 code a couple time a week. What I find strange is that a quick reset does not help, it tries to fire up but fails again, however, if you leave it switched off for 10 minutes and then turn it back on, it fires up. Anyone know what the issue could be?​

Yep but you're gonna need a gas safe engineer. No diy boiler info given in the forum.

Already tried that, he said that because it was working (after I had reset it) he couldn't do any fault finding.

Try another mate. It's a fairly common fault if it's what I'm thinking

It is serviced every year! Our landlord is reluctant to let us choose our own engineer.

If it's not working mate next time it locks out leave it locked out until engineer can come. I know it's not ideal

Or... I could by an MCB with a digital timer and have it switch off and on every day before I wake up. CBA with no CH/HW whilst the landlord sorts his stuff out. Thanks for your advice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change nothing in the boiler

I wouldn't ever touch the boiler. I'm comfortable with electrics though.

I'm not comfortable with the thread. Think we'll leave it there. This forum doesn't offer boiler repair advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow-worm 12HXI ignition faliure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back