Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill envirofoam open vented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted my first envirofoam stainless steel cylinder yesterday!

Impressed with them compared to the crap quality copper tanks we get sold around my way.

£130plus vat vat for 1050x400 no fittings required as they are all 22mm compression.

Comes with a shower draw off / secondary return as standard.

Anybody had any good or bad experience with them?

Very good only cylinder I fit don't bother with copper ones

Yeah, I moved on to these a few years back. Prefer them to copper, although wont be as happy when it comes to ripping them out and having no copper to take to the scrappy

Iv had that the squarer top take up more space sometimes instead of a straight swop dome type cylinder... makes it awkward in tight cupboards!

I think we have to installa special element to stop galvanic corrosion or something

The shower draw off is not 'non stop' as some shower pump manufactures like to stop drawing in air bubbles by putting the pipes a few inches into the tank...

Other than that yes there okay, unless they never leak & then we're doing ourselves short in the long run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill envirofoam open vented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I had a solar thermal installation. However, the Gledhill Stainless Steel Lite keepings making popping noises. Anyway, I was looking to have it replaced with another cylinder and found this one: Gledhill SunSpeed 2 Open Vented Indirect Twin Coil Solar Cylinder | Vented Cylinder -...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, first post here. While I prefer copper-and-solder, I've used compression fittings successfully in the past, and I opted for compression throughout the present job because I'm tight for space. I got most of the fittings from the local Toolstation. They're standard 15mm equal tees...
Replies
Views
A customer of mine lives in an old cottage that has been extended. They have three loft areas that are completely separated. The CWSC is in one higher loft space, the hot water cylinder and shower pump live in another lower loft. They are on different sides of the building. There is single 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can suggest where I should looking to resolve this one... I have a Bosch 30Cdi regular boiler on an S plan system with a 180L vented, indirect hot water cylinder. Boiler Temperature is set to 5 (67c) and the stat on the Hot water cylinder is set just below 60c. A Honeywell DU144...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock