Search the forum,

Discuss Gerkros oil combi boilers - help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woollyspanners

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about Gerkros? they were an Irish manufacturer (which went bust in January this year I understand) I have been asked to assist a cllent over here (Spain) who has a 60/95 Gerkros oil combi that has Spanish flu. As company has gone bust, have found zip on info in internet. I do not profess to be maintenance engineer - but am not completely dumb (?) !!!! :confused:
The unit appears to have a mind of its own - central heating seems to be OK but on the dhw side the boiler keeps on going - irrespective of safety interlocks/overheats etc - clearly not well but the only info I do have is a photocopied customer manual with a wiring diagram that bears little resemblence to what is actually in the boiler - really helpful.
and certainly no troubleshooting info.
any pointers will be greatly appreciated
thanks guys

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about Gerkros? they were an Irish manufacturer (which went bust in January this year I understand) I have been asked to assist a cllent over here (Spain) who has a 60/95 Gerkros oil combi that has Spanish flu. As company has gone bust, have found zip on info in internet. I do not profess to be maintenance engineer - but am not completely dumb (?) !!!! :confused:
The unit appears to have a mind of its own - central heating seems to be OK but on the dhw side the boiler keeps on going - irrespective of safety interlocks/overheats etc - clearly not well but the only info I do have is a photocopied customer manual with a wiring diagram that bears little resemblence to what is actually in the boiler - really helpful.
and certainly no troubleshooting info.
any pointers will be greatly appreciated
thanks guys

I don't know anything about Gerkros boilers but most oil combi's have a thermal store built-in to give you instant hot water the boiler could be topping that up.

Check that the circulating pump from boiler to heat store is working and circulating the water round.
Find the control stat for the thermal store and check if its working.

Joe

thanks for the info from all - has given me pointers - it now seems there is a leak between the dhw and the ch - as if run only on dhw, the ch gradually warms, to a point some of the rads are untouchable! :eek:

Gerkros Ireland are most definitely NOT gone bust. I have purchased products from them just yesterday. They can be contacted on 00353 62 71105

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gerkros oil combi boilers - help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, At our old flat, we had a combi boiler which dealt with heating and hot water without an additional tank. There was an external timer next to the boiler, and a room thermostat (manual) in the hallway. I was able to replace the latter with a receiver and wireless (not smart) thermostat...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Hello folks, just fired up the boiler for the winter and booked in a service and i'm having an odd issue, the hot water heats up fine, scalding hot but the boiler refuses to fire up the central heating. I have one of these old back boilers behind a fireplace which has a separate control panel in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Firstly, I am neither plumber nor heating engineer, just a willing diy, have a go guy. I have a Grant 26 oil fired combi boiler which started continually leaking water from the prv to the outside. The pressure was at 1 bar until the heating system cut in, when it would increase to 2.5 and...
Replies
Views
I need advice on my boiler please. My Combi boiler has started making a really loud ‘scraping’ type sound when the hot water is running. It sounds like something is scratching or scraping. The hot water then turns cold and only goes back hot if you turn the tap slightly so that the water runs...
Replies
Views
Hello. Thank you in advance for any advice. It is much appreciated. I am interested in converting our home from oil central heating to a gas combi-boiler. Background/Existing house system: We had a gas supplier promotion slipped through our letterbox saying that gas is available on our street...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock