Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit flush pipe leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Himpy

[FONT=&amp]Hi Everyone,

I have a concealed cistern (Geberit 109.720.00.1) which leaked water from the point at which the flush pipe connected to it when flushed. The flush pipe was not supported when fitted and was dropping every time flushed.

All the parts looked okay, but I purchased replacement rubber, clip, pipe and push seal to fit into the pan. The pipe is oversize and requires cutting to fit. My query is how do I measure to cut and how do I fit, especially the rubber and clip end, also which end first?

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I have loosened the cistern from the wall and disconnected the water feed pipe, in case this helps?

While in this position is there anything else I should do to delay any future problems, besides supporting the pipe once connected?

Appreciate any advice.

[/FONT]

I've never seen a supported geberit flush pipe mate, always held in nicely on the strength of the C clip and the flush cone.

Very common problem with these, I normally order the C clip and rubber and just replace those, don't worry about changing the flush pipe, as long as it's the right length originally you'll be away

Or even use the old one as a guide , but its a delicate technique lol of holding the pipe above the wc and mark it flush whith the wc and then i measure how far it goes into the wc then cut, make sure the old one wasnt cut short which is possibly the root cause of the leak, some of the rubbers ( not usually geribit ) that go onto the underide of the cistern simply cannot be trusted without the aid of either tape or silicone, ( belt and braces as far as im concerned ) also some of the flush cones are terrible aswell,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit flush pipe leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, We have a Geberit UP720 frame. The frame says depth 8cm. (There's also the UP320 frame, which I guess is 12cm.) We are looking at Geberit flush plates, e.g., Sigma10. Sometimes we read that UP720 is compatible with Sigma flushplats. However, sometimes flush plats are also advertised...
Replies
Views
So, I had an old and disgusting Geberit dual flush that didn't work very well, so I decided to replace it. Cistern is 110.830.00.1, so got a compatible Geberit TwinLine 240.515.00.2. I then installed that but when you press the stick to activate the flush, it starts flushing but then doesn't...
Replies
Views
B
I have a Geberit concealed cistern . This has a dual pneumatic flush, and has worked without any problems for a few years now. The short flush continues to work normally but the longer (6 litre) flush no longer flushes fully which results in solid waste not being flushed. I have checked the...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m trying to find something that will connect a geberit 90mm toilet waste pipe into a standard 110mm soil stack. The geberit cistern came with an adaptor that increased the outside diameter of the pipe to 110mm. However this is the same diameter as the soil stack pipe. Is anyone aware of...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock