Search the forum,

Discuss Gas work inspection! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

I have my first gas work inspection next week . Never had one before and been gas safe now for 6 years or so.

just wondering what should I been expecting? How long do these usually last? Will be showing the inspected 3 boiler installs.

Cheers.

Have your manual to hand
Use equipotential bonding
Ensure your FGA is calibrated
Have enough labels
Ensure you have some examples of your paperwork

You will be absolutley fine , good advice from Riley above , its a fair bet he wont want to see 3 .
These guys have you sussed in 5 mins.

On my last one , he had me go do something , picked up my anyliser , fired it up , I cringed . It ran out 5 days before the visit lol ,
He obviously told me , I just said I didnt have time to send it in , which was the truth and he just laughed , and said send it in "quick" lol .

Lol. Luckily I've had mine re calibrated a couple of weeks back. Another £150 spent! Plus my gas safe renewal is up in a weeks time so another £180!

Its a load of rubbish ,

Last one i had i argued with the inspector over a boiler in the loft then talked about football and bourbon biscuits are far superior to oreo's

They won't keep you long

They seem to like it if you ask questions so they have the superiority over you, mine was a good natured very relaxed inspection it just depends on their personality just make sure you can demonstrate the tightness testing and gas rate by the book, mine let me use a app in fact we used his as he wanted to show it off. Also be able to explain dangerous levels on FGA readings. Check any extended flues are supported at every joint. But dont worry they are there to help and not catch you out and will explain if you are not sure about something. Probably best not to smoke when demonstrating tightness test.

What area are you in?? As others have said it's nothing to stress about. They want to check that you know what you're doing. Even I got through it! Stay calm, don't rush, ask questions and keep the tea flowing.

As it happens i had an inspection this week. I was three hours with the bloke in an empty property.
Did a landlords check in about 20 mins and spent rest of the time chatting to him.

I suppose it could be different if you have a jobsworth little hitler type after his third stripe. But ive not heard of anyone having any problems round the northwest with aanyone like that

Not sure who I've got. Do they ring you before there coming to confirm where there meeting you at?
Usually an email.
If you ring gas safe and select 5 from the auto menu you will get put through to inspections. Give them your gsr number and they will tell you when and who with pal

If they haven't seen you in 6 years, they are not worried about you. They just need to see everyone eventually. They want to know your equipped to do the work, right tools and paperwork and that you are keeping records of work done, in the main to cover yourself.

Yeah abit of a relief it's done wasn't as bad as I expected. Plus learned a few things off the inspector too. Indeed a few drinks tonight! :)

It's like that feeling you get when you've done the ACS for another 5 years. A real punch the air in joy when nobody's looking moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas work inspection! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock