Search the forum,

Discuss GAS Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Floyd

Can I ask if anyone has done a ACS Gas training course with placement, completed your portfolio and felt competent/confident when installing boilers, fault finding and issuing landlord safety certificates. Did you do top up courses to gain extra experience etc.

this is the bit the training centers dont tell u bit like sex really one shag doesnt make u don juan

The Course is:

Testing and purging of do-mestic gas installations, Combustion, Flues and ventilation, Controls for gas appliances, Gas pipework, Gas industry legislation, Installation of domestic gas appliances, Commissioning, servicing and maintenance of domestic gas appliances, Flue flow tests, Identify correct ventilation, Tightness tests with and without appliances, Tightness test (medium pressure) Appliance services, Appliance breakdowns, Appliance gas rates (imperial and metric) Working pressure at meter checks, Standing pressure checks, Spillage tests, Trace and repair gas leak, Visual flue inspections.

After this training you are out onsite with an engineer doing your portfolio, services, maintenance and boiler installations. Then back onsite for a couple of weeks doing refresher training for ACS, cooker, heaters, boilers etc.

Now I am not wanting to be a plumber just servicing, breakdowns and landlord certificates. After this training I will then complete a number of short courses with Worcester, Ravenheat, Baxi etc.

The thing is, I do work for a number of estate agents in my area so I have my customers already. If I decide to do installations a friend of mine is an experience time served plumber so he will be completing all the plumbing and I hope to do the boiler installation.

I know it is very hard for anyone to answer my question as it all depends on what I actually learn onsite etc. This was just to get a general feel of how people felt after doing fast track GAS and if they are working self employed in the industry.

Any helpful information would be from people who have done this would be appreciated.

Regards

Floyd

im sure the training is fine but the acs isnt designed for newbies, training centres are using it as a gas qual and not the safety cert for exsisting gas/plum people to refresh

Thanks for the reply Fuzzy,
Upon successful completion of the training course you are awarded with the BPEC Gas Foundation Certificate,
this will allow you to progress on to the ACS Core Gas Safety (CCN1) Training and Assessment course.

Hopefully that is?

Regards

Floyd

good luck mate, the bpec foundation course was designed for that purpose

Well booked on the course for January and was hoping to gain some insight from anyone who may have completed the BPEC training and work placements, how did you find thing and how confident do you feel now in the real world. There are a number of training centres offering this training Hybrid, Brookhouse, OLCI, EON etc. Its not the plumbing side i'm looking for its just the gas training, working with boilers, fires cookers etc.

Any shared experience would be appreciated I'm sure some people on the forum have completed the training. From the training did you feel confident installing and Servicing a boiler, fire, cooker etc?

i went thro hybrid last yr had to find my own placement they tryed for me but they kept getting let down ,i,d done plumbing on my own for 3 yrs but been in the trade 8 yrs now ,talking to people on the course some had been to other places but never got enough training and ended up paying again to go thro hybrid i started the process with olcl thro pts but never felt comfortable so never took it any futher, each to there own i just reserched it and found them (hybrid) the best i carnt praise them high enough but unless uve been there or spoke to them its hard to explain

I was going to use hybrid, as I have heard a few good things about them. Only the placement was not for certain and that is an important factor. I will use them after my ACS training for the combi fault finding course, which is a one week course. Did you complete this one?

I'm sure there are people out there who could easily do this (depends on their background) but 90% will shyt themselves on their own and some will major fk up.
I pity the people who will have to pay for this so called knowledge and expert advice.

Sorry to be harsh but that is the reality of it.

But can you really fk up doing servicing and landlord safety checks???
After the training I will be enrolling on numerous fault finding courses. So installing fire cookers, boilers don't appeal to me.

And my question was intended to the people who have done these courses.

Just a quick one ATL are doing a gas course themselves - have seen the site in kidderminster, anyone enrolled on this and is for newbies or qualified?

What is the best way to start as a newbie and diverse from water into gas - ie what is the right and thourgh way of doing it - getting the best training and confident that no mistakes are happening aswell as getting the right qualifications!!

Hi Jamie, I don't mean to be funny mate BUT you should start your own post!!

Yeah I saw that, don't know when he lasp posted may pop up in his e-mail though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GAS Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock