Search the forum,

Discuss Gas sagen course / liquidated - fuming in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hi lads,

unfortunately I'll need to bother you again.

I supposed to represent my portfolio last year august. I tried calling my academy and found out they simply closed down / without letting anyone know / sending any letter or email.

However, I fought in all possible ways to get a penny back but unfortunately I will not see 1 penny which I spent for my course to become a qualified gas safe engineer.
I cannot imagine there is no back up in U.K for people like me. I have spent almost 5k just to become fully qualified. It is simply thieving and walking away with all the money of other people.
It would not happen in any other country but in U.K. ?

However, I am screwed and need to do another course from beginning.

I would like to ask you guys if anyone k it's a decent academy in east London, north east,
south east london.

I am looking for a decent price as well not spent another 5/6k for a course.

If anyonw of you guys knows what to do either to get money back or knows which academy to go for please let me know each help is appreciated and welcome.

i apologise for robbing your time.

kind regrads

ron

I'm sorry to hear that Ron.

The qualification you did get must be valid ??

Hello Last,

Unfortunately I haven't got any qualifications of them it didn't get that far. They just closed down from day to day.

Jeez. That's bad.

You need to try and speak to the examination body or the body that designed the course.

Hopefully they can help you !

Jeez. That's bad.

You need to try and speak to the examination body or the body that designed the course.

Hopefully they can help you !

I have contacted the citizens advise bureau but they suggested to contact another body which then told me I have to wait until they paid all the big firms first and maybe then I'll get something back. But you surely can imagine they'll never come back to give you money. You are the last in the queue.

I will need to find another way ,..:/

The college I did my NVQ in does the two month gas course or whatever it is for 2k I think. My college is in Ewell so I guess too far for you but my point is get this done with a college. You'l need a gas safe buddy for your site visits the rest is just tests/portfolio you can do yourself.

The college I did my NVQ in does the two month gas course or whatever it is for 2k I think. My college is in Ewell so I guess too far for you but my point is get this done with a college. You'l need a gas safe buddy for your site visits the rest is just tests/portfolio you can do yourself.

Thank you for your advise. Unfortunately I had a college and didn't work out with them so I am a little afraid ..

However, it needs to be done and just looking for a good academy to do my course again. It's just a shame that there is no back up for ppl like me because in any other country you definitely have a body or company who will take care of your case. It is either finishing the course off with a different academy or payback.

I have called a body and they said I could re take the course for another 2k but I'll need be willing to drive one way 2h at least ...

Where is the help ? It's just another company who wants your money... I am so upset that they think they can take a Micky out of me ...

It's simply stealing , robbing , thieving from my own pocket and that's legal

I cannot believe that there is no help or way of getting your money back.

Honestly I am so furious about this as it's not little money though

It's just a shame that there is no back up for ppl like me because in any other country you definitely have a body or company who will take care of your case. It is either finishing the course off with a different academy or payback.

In this country justice is only for the priveleged

get hold of others in the course and collectively contact any recieversand put in a claim.
i dout their debts are big to suppliers so you may stand a chance.
are they still registered at compaanies house?

any gas training center where you take the acs should be able to help get the quals on a payg arrangement.

get hold of others in the course and collectively contact any recieversand put in a claim.
i dout their debts are big to suppliers so you may stand a chance.
are they still registered at compaanies house?

any gas training center where you take the acs should be able to help get the quals on a payg arrangement.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone from the course as it was in Kent. However, the company is liquidated and they owe others over 1.2million pounds so my claim won't do nothing.

Unfortunately the only winners when a company goes into liquidation are the liquidators.
They take their whack and divvy up the change between preferred creditors ie employees and banks and after that there is seldom anything left for anyone else (pennies in the pound if you are very lucky.
The way of the world in business.
If you had money to spend you could go after the directors personally but that is not a cheap or guaranteed option.

I'm afraid you will need to take it on the chin.

Unfortunately the only winners when a company goes into liquidation are the liquidators.
They take their whack and divvy up the change between preferred creditors ie employees and banks and after that there is seldom anything left for anyone else (pennies in the pound if you are very lucky.
The way of the world in business.
If you had money to spend you could go after the directors personally but that is not a cheap or guaranteed option.

I'm afraid you will need to take it on the chin.

That's very true what you just said. My wife says the same but me stubborn as a solid wall will not give up :) But if you imagine how many ppl will have the same problem it's just not right. Well, I will now do the course somehow again and hopefully this time it will be ok. I am now searching for a decent academy where I can do my course from start to finish.

When you do get your course done just remember all the companies out there who can legally shaft you.
It happens all the time and they quite legally set up again the next day and pay no one.

When you do get your course done just remember all the companies out there who can legally shaft you.
It happens all the time and they quite legally set up again the next day and pay no one.

Thank you all for your advise and support I really appreciate the way you all help.

Thumbs up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas sagen course / liquidated - fuming in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock