Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safety Inspection - boiler not meet standards/requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Had a boiler upgrade installed this summer from old gravityfed system to combi boiler (Worcestre Bosch compact). Had boiler relocated to loft. Installer saidit could be done and would meet requirements. Now had GS inspection (really brilliantguy) who checked everything but said that the were concerns about the boiler as follows:

• Clearance between boiler was not sufficient inline with manufacturers guidelines
  • The pressure relief pipe terminated into plasticwaster pipe (needs to be metallic or into an alternative material specified by pipeor boiler manufacturer
  • Condensate discharge pipe terminates on tiledroof which does not meet requirements
  • Roof space not sufficient
  • Pipes not lagged
  • Not sufficient distance between horizontal flueterminal and tiled roof
What are my options?The installer said it could be carried out an relocated to loft prior to becontracted.
I can ask him tocome back and address these concerns but i think he must as Gas safe have askedhim too.
Many thanks

Did you tell the inspector who fitted the boiler. He should follow up by sending a letter to fitter to address his concerns with the install.

Did the gas inspector advise you what you should do next?

Pipes lagging is important for heat loss and potential freezing. Its in a loft space so 25mm lagging min.

"Roof space not sufficient" wonder what that refers to?
i can see the other points are valid.

Boarding and light and loft ladder

Yeh i get the lagging bit lol.
But a gas safe inspector.
More of a building reg

Hi guys ... Yeh mostly valid points that need to addressed especially flue clearance and condensation termination. The insulation is simple fix although not a gas safety reg but still a reg all the same.
I'm not following roof space not sufficient ??? As clearly on about the roof . Unless not very accessible.

Wait to see what Gassafe have to say on how to go forward but the engineer should defo put everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safety Inspection - boiler not meet standards/requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need your advise as I'm really concerned here. I only just had regular boiler replaced with combi (Vaillant ecoFIT Pure 25kw). I had few surveys done and everyone stated the gas supply pipe from the meter to the boiler must be changed from current 15mm to 22mm. The plumber I used said...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a GS registered installer installs a new boiler that does not meet the standards of the Commissioning Checklist, but signs it off anyway, what is to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with a query. We have recently had a new kitchen installed and are arranging for our freestanding gas cooker to be fitted (Leisure Gourmet Cooker 60cm) I have read that there needs to be a 20mm gap between the sides of the cooker to meet the Gas Safe...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all, I am looking some advice regarding our renovations. We have just bought an old house circa late 1930's. We are looking to switch from oil to gas for various reasons one being the showers are electric. My question specifically regards a back boiler in one of the fireplaces. We have had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock